Three gratitudes

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room General chit chat Three gratitudes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Nicholls (Temple Host) 1 week ago.

• Author

What do you have to be grateful for today? Here are mine:

– the beautiful sourdough bread that was slow-baked not far from here and that I had for toast this morning with good strawberry jam

– three pet bunnies that I can see through my office window, nibbling away on their hay

– this virtual space where people with some kind of karmic affinity with Amitabha Buddha can meet, get to know each other and find ways of practicing together

Namo Amida Bu! What are yours?

Thank you, Satya.

Our windows are being cleaned by a window cleaner and our chimney is being swept by a chimney sweep as I type this, so my first gratitude is for all the people who make this life possible.

My second is for this little piece of time to connect, pause and heal a little.

My third is for the mysterious processes and presences which point out ways onward.

Namo Amida Bu!

What am I grateful for today?

My body. I was able to walk into the hills today, and feel the wind on my face, and see the beautiful view and hear the birdsong. And I couldn’t have done that without a body. And grateful to the hills of course.

To David, who was working in the garden today.

To our green power supply, for keeping the lights on and powering my PC so I can check in here.

Namo Amida Bu

I’m grateful for my life, the new lives that come to my family little Holly ten days old my newest granddaughter being the latest and my sangha that all make me feel loved and secure.

Namo Amida Bu.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar