Monday 24th September

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 24th September

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rev. Satya Robyn (temple host) 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

We had a lovely time at Amida Mandala at the weekend. It was a great community time with the meal, a shared film, the service, choir then Worcestershire Pride. Giving a dharma talk at the service, I found my thoughts on the practice coming together and gaining new meaning for me. I was able to find a continuum in my practice from childhood in the Methodist church through Quakerism, NKT, OBC, Tri Ratna and into Amida Shu. I found that for me ‘Namo Amida Bu’ connected in a thread to the Christian Grace at my Grandparents’ front kitchen table and that thread seemed to connect with the wordless world of warm feelings and light surrounding it. All together, a wide and open community emerged in my mind with ‘Namo Amida Bu’ spoken, sung, transmitted through feeling, shared through light in all the creatures of the Earth. Namo Amida Bu!

Vajrapala Moerman
    Participant

Very well and beautiful expressed Andrew, can feel with you, the golden chain of Amida Buddha……. glad to share this sangha and have you all as precious friends,  with love, deep bow, Namo Amida Bu

Lovely to see those practices linked up, Andrew. And yes, what a good (full!) weekend it was.  Hello Vajra!

This week I’m preparing to go away to this year’s European Buddhist Union meeting – we’ve been cleaning & gardening in preparation for the visit from the delegates on Saturday, I’ll try and get some photos. The sun is strong today and the air is chilly, I’ve just been to give the bunnies some chard, they’re all snuggled up together in their hutch. Very wise.

Sending love to all,

Namo Amida Bu.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar