Monday 22 October 2018

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 22 October 2018

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rev. Satya Robyn (temple host) 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Monday Nembutsu today. My day off from work and a lovely morning with my youngest granddaughter. Soft play and lunch. Felt very fortunate.

Namo Amida Bu.

Johnathan Robertson
    Participant

Went into church for a little bit to clean up after a memorial event. Looking forward to my new classes that start today.

Namo Amida Bu

ken
    Participant

Looking back at things since I started nembutsu practice I can’t deny how it has affected, changed me and my responses to life and how I live it . The mistake I suppose was looking and waiting for that kensho moment and had been told that it can be like that or a bit by bit  thang that you recognise upon reflection. I only started in March and have been performing nembutsu and the odd diy one day retreat  and apart from always enjoying the practice and whatever comes up  certain skins/layers of mine have definitely  begun to shed. This fills me with Absoloute confidence and faith in nembutsu to which I gently hold to dearly .

just sayin

Good to check in here, a little later than Monday – and wonderful to hear of your ongoing experience of nembutsu, Ken. I often think of the Dharma of being like very fine rain – you don’t always notice it coming down, but before long you’re soaked!

I’ve set the day aside here for writing, which I’m trying to do more regularly – it works well. I’m enjoying writing my book on Pureland refuge, it feels like an act of taking refuge whenever I work on it.

Looking forward to our evening of Indian music on Sunday, we’ll post the video for those who can’t make it. Love to all, Namo Amida Bu.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar