Monday 1st October 2018

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 1st October 2018

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rev. Satya Robyn (temple host) 2 weeks ago.

• Author

attended an inter faith forum meeting yesterday at the Wat Mahathat temple in Kings Bromley. The focus of the meeting was Living with Death as the morning session and Securing the Environment for Future Generations in the afternoon

Nice to hear all the different views from the various faiths but also to see how alike we all are.

Also nice to spend time with other people of faith exchange numbers and stories.

Namo Amida Bu.

Hello Andrew, interesting to read what you’ve been doing and the connections you’ve made.

Yesterday, cycling to and from work I wrote this hymn:

Truly Real

Being shaken loose is painful

But reality is far away

The harder we hold on

And when I deeply listen I find

That Amida carries me

In what is truly real.

Namo Amida Bu!

Thank you Andrew.

Thats such a lovely song and gives us so much to think about. It’s hard at times to know what is truly real in terms of our lives, faith, and our interactions with others

Namo Amida Bu.

Wonderful to hear about your engagement in interfaith work Andrew – so important. Lovely lyrics as always Andrew! My week has been taken with the EBU meeting – see my separate post. Just landing & starting to catch up online!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar