Monday 17th December

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 17th December

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Siani Driver 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

It’s actually Tuesday but I didn’t make time on Monday for the Internet. I did make time, however, for starting to practice mindfulness more seriously in order to be ready for doing a case study on it for my hypnotherapy course. I really enjoyed it and continued this morning after my nembutsu puja. Mindfulness is another link for me with deep listening and shinjin. When I’m mindful, when I listen deeply I can sometimes touch the faith that is there all the time. The words shinjin, faith, Amida, true self… merge and become interchangeable in the experience for me. Namo Amida Bu!

Glad you enjoyed the Saichi Andrew – I thought you might! I’ve asked for Suzuki’s 2nd volume for Xmas as there are lots of his poems in there, apparently.

All’s well here – our last week of work before a couple of week’s break. Making time for study – I’m still really finding the Internal Family Systems model a wonderful thing – and planning cooking & baking various things for our open morning, something to take with us to my parents for Xmas day etc – nice not to be doing the main meal for a change!

Grateful that we’ll be continuing services throughout the holidays, a place for me to find my ground (or remember it).

Happy holidays to all, Namo Amida Bu.

Siani Driver
    Participant

The ‘internal family systems’ thing sounds interesting, I’m going to look it up.

I’m enjoying the 30 Days of Nembutsu – I’ve always meditated but chanting is different; my favourite moment is actually the moment after I finish and the silence that exists in that space following the sound. So peaceful.

Last night I woke from nightmares and found myself half asleep chanting Namo Amida Bu to calm myself, it worked.

I have a bad cold so will be staying in with warm drinks today and don’t want to share my germs especially just before the festive season, so I won’t come to the open day today – but I wish you all a peaceful season.

Hi Siani – if you’re interested I’d recommend the book ‘Parts Work: An Illustrated Guide to your Inner Life’ by Tom Holmes – easy to read & excellent. In the middle of the night when  you’re scared is an excellent time to chant. Namo Amida Bu.

Siani Driver
    Participant

Thank you Satya I will look it up. From what I’ve read so far it’s similar to inner child work which is very effective – like anything, when practised regularly!

Namo Amida Bu

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar