Skip to toolbar

Monday 17 August 2020

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 17 August 2020

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Nembutsu recitation is for every day, not just for Mondays, of course (reminds me of ‘dogs are for life, not just for Christmas! Some people are taking up the 30 days of Nembutsu practice, which is an excellent way to start of refresh your practice.

:: link

During the next few days a few people are preparing to enter the Amida Shu and Amida Order   :: link 

They have been asked by Dharmavidya to “Recite as many nembutsu as possible – aim for a thousand a day between now and the ceremony” Maybe you can join them at a distance – as many recitations as you are able. Namo Amida Bu!

Mat Osmond
      Participant

I’ve been a grateful outrider here at Amida Shu for a good while now – sometimes a little closer, sometimes a little further away – and with the Marian rosary as my more consistent daily prayers. I’ve been really valuing Dharmavydia’s podcasts, as I have the 30 Days of Nembutsu emails.

I’ve decided from today to do something I’ve not done for a good few years now: to set a more regular intention for nembutsu. From today I’m simply resolving to pray at least a few nembutsu malas a day for two months, and to come back to a more conscious engagement with the ceaseless nembutsu that flows below and around such formal practice.

I wanted to say, too, how proud I’ve been in recent months of the Amida Order’s strong presence at the heart of Extinction Rebellion Buddhists. With thanks, Namo Amida Bu.

Interested to hear how you get on Mat! Thanks Sujatin x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.