Monday 13 februari Nembutsu day, NAB

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 13 februari Nembutsu day, NAB

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ven. Ren Ko 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Vajrapala Moerman
    Participant

Hello dear Dharma-sisters and brothers,

Day begun cold but now the sun is shining already very high and light in the sky.

After all this grey days off winter here in Belgium, what a relief!!!

This morning I already shared some Nembutsu and time in my heart to be with you all. Also had some special attentions in my heart for the people who are ill and families in bad conditions.

This afternoon we will make a walk to see if the snowdrops are already flowing in the forests. We had so beautiful ones last year. Hope they came back.

Hope you may all enjoy good times and good connections and praying for you all.

Namo Amida Bu

Colin
    Participant

Hello everyone. Cold and overcast here in Gateshead. As I look out of the window, I can see that the Angel of the North is shrouded in mist.

I have just had a brief conversation with my mother, although in good spirits, she continues to struggle with her health issues as she approaches her 83rd year. My thoughts are with her and all those who endure suffering on a daily bases. Nab

Good to hear from you both. Cold here too! I just did a little gardening which has lifted my spirits – I forget how much I enjoy it, although it’s not the same kind of ‘enjoy’ like sitting inside and drinking tea is enjoying!

I’m about to do a little writing about our listening circle yesterday. It’s good to check in here on our ‘sabbath’ day, without getting sucked into Facebook or email (I’m having a day off doing that on Mondays too), and feeling the spaciousness of the day. I do appreciate the community here and am enjoying seeing it slowly grow and deepen – lots of friends from different parts of the world, hearing about each other’s worlds…

Namo Amida Bu, Namo Amida Bu, Namo Amida Bu!

My Nembutsu today will be an hours research for vow22 later tonight. I am about to go to my local temple were they have a service on Monday evening. I will arrive early and chant silently as I wait for others to arrive. Love and good wishes to all.

Namo Amida Bu.

Ven. Ren Ko
    Participant

Still settling after our move, and my wife has jury duty tomorrow. Following the bodhisattva path, I don’t worry about that anymore. As far as practice goes, lots of chanting. Some early Christian scripture reading leading to very interesting things. Hopefully, things will calm down this week.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar