Michael – Episcopalian, Pureland, and Zen

Site-Wide Activity Forums Entrance hall Introductions Michael – Episcopalian, Pureland, and Zen

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MIchael 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

MIchael
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I’ve been reading a lot on Pure Land and Zen the last year or so. I have dabbled with Buddhism for years, but really finally got more serious about it about two years ago.  I was originally studying Tibetan Buddhism, but I found it wasn’t working for me.  Honestly, I was getting very very confused.   I somehow stumbled upon Zen Buddhism.

I’m a member of the online Sangha now at Treeleaf and I’m sewing a Rakasu for Jukai.  (sp?)  I’ll be hopefully taking my refuge vows in January with them.

I also go to an Episcopal Church.  I just recently got confirmed at our local parish after going there about a year.  I find the double-belonging of being with both paths very meaningful.  I tend to interpret a lot of Christianity through a Buddhist lens.  Jesus as a Bodhisattva, for example.. and “God the Father” as Amitabha.

I still want to dive more into Pure Land Buddhism and learn more.  This is the first actual community I’ve joined. Thank you for having me here. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar