Jeaunice (Intro)

Site-Wide Activity Forums Entrance hall Introductions Jeaunice (Intro)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Acharya Sujatin (temple host) 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Greetings Everyone!!!

I feel so blessed to be able to be a part of this community.  I live in Albany, Georgia in the U.S.A.   I have been deeply in love with the Dharma since I was a child. I started considering myself a Buddhist when I was a teenager.  Unfortunately, my Mom at the time didn’t understand my faith, and barred me from going to the Sangha. I tried to follow the Buddha’s teachings to the best of my ability, while being utterly alone.  As an adult, I practiced SGI Nichiren Buddhism for about four years, but I did not like its negative attitude about Pure Land Buddhism so I left.  I’ve been chanting the nembutsu on and off for years, but now I want to take my Pure land practice seriously. I started the 30 days of nembutsu online course last week.  It is totally uplifting and refreshing.

Besides the Nichiren group I left, there are no other sanghas in Southwest Georgia. That is why I am so appreciative of this virtual temple.    I look forward to getting to know all of you. May Amida Buddha’s Light shine upon you all!!

Glad you’ve found your way here!

Namo Amida Bu

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar