how to keep up my practice?

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room General chit chat how to keep up my practice?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Paolo 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Paolo
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I hope that this is the right place ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyway, as I’ve already said before, I really appreciate the approach of Amida Shu. My difficulty is due to the great distance (in Italy there aren’t pure land schools…), so I have tried some different schools here: Tibetan, Zen, Nichiren Shu. I have found them to be alright, but I am not 100% satisfied. How can I do?

Also, today has happened some kind of synchronicity: I was in angry and blue mood (due to political issues, but this is not the place to discuss about them), and I’ve started to chant some nembutsu while driving my car. Soon after, an ispring quote from David Brazier came up on my facebook timeline.

Thank you all,

Paolo

Hello Paulo – there are occasional on-line activities you can join in that will help you connect with others here and that will support your practice. Look here

For example, tomorrow evening there’s this

And lots of suggestions here

Namo Amida Bu

Paolo
    Participant

Hello Acharya,

thank you for your kind answer. I really appreciate your suggestings and, if possible, I will join the online nembutsu practice tomorrow.

My point is that, besides all the wonderful support coming from the virtual temple, I sometimes need to meet up with people to develop my practice. As I wrote above, I’ve met with several groups, and they were all kind and welcoming but, in the end, there is always something missing. And that something is what attracted me in Pure Land.

Well, I’m writing too much and I guess I should just shut up, sit down and practice ๐Ÿ™‚

Namo Amida Bu

Hi Paolo,

Satya said you were at the Facebook live service last night, that’s great. And I know it isn’t the same as meeting real people face to face.

As there aren’t Amdia Shu practitioners near you – one option is to start your own group. We have resources and support to do that. Check it out here: http://www.amidashu.org/homegroups/

Paolo
    Participant

Hi Kaspa,

yes, I was at the Facebook live service last night: it has been great. I felt very comfortable, more comfortable than I was at many meetings I went, maybe because the nembutsu practice is very natural.

Well, I have considered the option of starting a home group, but I dont know many people that could be interested in buddhism…anyway, I was also considering the idea of starting an italian page (on facebook and/or a blog), with the translations of the texts and so on. I guess that it could be a good and easier way to spread the Dharma. Itย  also would be a way to improve my English ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Some translations sounds like a wonderful thing – do let us know if we can support that. There are a few Italian members here on the site I think? There are lots of things you could translate (including our service book, the Nien Fo book) at http://www.amidashu.org/ under ‘resources’. Glad you were able to attend service online! Namo Amida Bu _/\_

Paolo
    Participant

Hi Satya,

thank you again for the online service. Yes, there are a lot of things to translate. Next week I will be on vacation, and I hope that I will find some time to start with a little text…I’ll surely let you know ๐Ÿ™‚ As I wrote above, I was thinking about opening a facebook page and/or a blog, in Italian language. At least, it will be a chance to learn more about buddhism, an alternative way to study it – and also a way to collect many language errors ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Namo Amida Bu

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar