Skip to toolbar

Hello from Malvern, UK

Site-Wide Activity Forums Entrance hall Introductions Hello from Malvern, UK

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Ben.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ben
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve just started the 30 days of Nembutsu. I’m in Malvern in the UK, and I’ve always been interested in the local temple here. Slightly ironic that I’ve finally decided to give it a go when I can’t visit the temple itself!

I was brought up a Christian, and maintain a belief in a “divine force”, however I’ve always struggled with the dogma of Christianity and I don’t think it’s ever been really clear to me on how I should “practice”.

Amida buddhism seems, so far, to tick all the boxes that have remained unticked for me over the years, so I am excited to explore and see where it takes me.

Any generic advice for beginners very welcomed!

Hi Ben – welcome! And you’re not the only local who’s started connecting during this time. I’m wondering if there will be more interest in spirituality/the ‘bigger questions’ as we all go through this together. I’d recommend the free 30 day course (at http://www.amidamandala.com) and the Zoom services we’re running twice a week (details on the site under ‘events’) but also just follow your nose & see where it takes you – if the time is right, the teachings will appear. Enjoy your explorations and take care, Satya

Ben
        Participant

Thank you Satya. It is my second day of the 30 day course today, so I am looking forward to seeing it through to the end. I agree that this time in isolation has probably encouraged all of us to look a little more inside ourselves and explore our spirituality somewhat more than usual. Thanks, Ben

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.