Skip to toolbar

Hello from Los Angeles!

Site-Wide Activity Forums Entrance hall Introductions Hello from Los Angeles!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      John DiGilio
      Participant

Hello Everyone!

I am delighted to be joining you all from Southern California. Normally, I say “sunny Southern…”, but the wild fires that have been burning here have blotted out the sun for now.  Happily, I am at a very safe distance from them for now.  I first learned of Amida Shu from an YouTube video back when I was making the transition from Soto Zen (20 years!) to Pure Land Buddhism.  The video inspired me to get out and meet some local Pure Land practitioners as well as visit some local temples.  Flash forward two years and I am happily practicing with the local Nishi Hongwanji.  I have also been doing some extensive reading.  I was not surprised to find that some of my favorite works on Pure Land have come from your amazing teachers.  Deep gratitude to Dharmavidya, Rev. Satya, and Acharya Kaspa for sharing their knowledge and experience and helping to shine Amida’s light for us bonbu.  I look forward to learning with you all on our paths to the Pure Land!

– Sōkushō (John DiGilio)

Hi John, good to meet you. Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. This site has been quiet recently, but there are lots of zoom meetings happening that people are connecting in. Detials for all the online meetings are here: http://www.amidashu.org/online-events/

Good to meet you John.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.