Skip to toolbar

Hello from Amsterdam

Site-Wide Activity Forums Entrance hall Introductions Hello from Amsterdam

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Gertjan Mulder
      Participant

Hi all,

My name is Gertjan (aka Fox) and I live in Amsterdam with my partner Antoinette en 3,5 year old daughter Lotus. I’ve been practicing zen for some time and now also studying Pureland buddhism. Currently doing the Pureland introduction course and just started reading Dharmavidya’s ‘Authentic Life’. Looking forward to this journey. 😉

Namo Amida Bu

Gertjan

Namo Amida Bu – good to see you here, Gertjan.

Hello Gertjan,

I hope you enjoy the journey too. I run Amida Bournville in Birmingham. I led my first practice session in a public space here last night. An interesting experience. What happens when we take our practice out into public spaces?

Namo Amida Bu

Gertjan Mulder
      Participant

Hi Sangeetashraddha,

Yes, I’m enjoying the journey a lot, thank you!

What do you do when you take your practice in the public space? And what made it such an interesting experience?

Namo Amida Bu

Gertjan

Hello Gertjan,

Well, I led a small group in Leicester when we lived there, but it was at home. Here in Birmingham, I’m starting from scratch, so it was literally just me and my partner, Ian, but instead of being at home we were in a Quaker Meeting House. The light was on and a curtain open so people could see where we were if anyone turned up and it felt like doing a private spiritual practice almost on the street. But it’s important to be there, I think, so that others can join if they want to.

Namo Amida Bu,

Shraddha

Gertjan Mulder
      Participant

Dear Shradda,

Sounds like an interesting experience indeed. May many more join in your wonderful initiative!
      Namo Amida Bu

gertjan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.