Greetings from Ottawa, Canada

Site-Wide Activity Forums Entrance hall Introductions Greetings from Ottawa, Canada

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rev. Satya Robyn (temple host) 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Robyn
    Participant

Hi all!

My name is Robyn and I’d really like to learn more about the Pure Land school. I’m very grateful to have found this community, where we can help each other grow in faith.

Spiritually, I’ve been around the block. When I recovered from my first (and most severe) bout of depression at the age of 14, I believed it to be a miracle and so my interest in spirituality was born.

When I was in my recovery process, I taught myself to meditate and as a result the first faith/belief system that piqued my interest was Buddhism. I also dabbled in Daoism, Luciferianism, Satanism, Thelema, Gaianism but eventually I landed on Paganism for a couple years. My interest in paganism taught me the importance of faith and ritual and how healing that can be.

What I struggle with most is consistent practice and faith, which is probably why I long for it so much. From the bottom of my heart, I hope this is the place for me, and not a passing phase. I have always been drawn to Buddhism and to find a school that focuses mainly faith seems like the perfect fit for me.

I look forward to learning from all of you and being a part of this community 🙂

Peace be with you guys!

Hi Robyn thanks for sharing about yourself. I’ve just posted some events suitable for those who are further away – maybe you’ll be able to make something. You’ve got a rich spiritual  history – lots of experience and information to draw on. I like the simplicity of the Pureland approach, and also the reassurance that we don’t have to push ourselves to practice – we can allow it to come naturally, as a way of saying thank you for what we’ve already received. Enjoy exploring here, Namo Amida Bu.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar