Greetings from Florida!

Site-Wide Activity Forums Entrance hall Introductions Greetings from Florida!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Brian 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Brian
    Participant

Hello Sangha, My name is Brian. I’m glad I’ve made my way here to this forum where I can share and learn about the Pureland Dharma.

I was raised in an irreligious and secular household. I found Tibetan Buddhism in secondary school. I practiced in the Nyingma lineage with Khenchen Palden Sherab Rinpoche as my teacher for many years until his passing in 2010. Since then I have been wayward and wondering trying to explore all the different Dharma paths.

I was exposed to Pureland Buddhism while at university. Some very kind Chinese folks taught me about Amida and the trappings of their culture/society. I’m forever indebted to them. I have also explored Zen Buddhism and other Tibetan schools but I feel at home in Amida’s loving embrace. I am grateful to you all here at Amida Shu and would to learn as much as I can.

Currently I am reading “Just As You Are” and enjoying it thoroughly. I’m grateful to it’s authors and to Dharmavidya as well.

Namu Amida Butsu!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar