Nembutsu: a simple home practice

Site-Wide Activity Forums Shrine Room Amida Shu Buddhist Practice Nembutsu: a simple home practice

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rev. Satya Robyn (temple host) 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

namoamidabuThis afternoon Kaspa & I recorded ourselves chanting for a new project we’re working on – ‘Nembutsu: a simple home practice‘.

We want to make it easier for people who are new to Pureland Buddhism to try out our practice at home, and so we’re in the process of re-writing our website and we’re also going to write a free online course to give people a 30 day taste of the practice.

We’d be interested in what you think of what we’ve written – would this have been useful to you when you first encountered Amida Shu? Is there anything you think we’ve left out? What would you like to see in the course? Those of you running Home Groups – will this be helpful?

I’ve received so much from this simple practice. I really want to pass it on…

Do leave comments here or email hello@amidamandala.com to reach both of us.

Thank you, Namo Amida Bu!

Michael Sabani
    Participant

This is phenomenal! Exactly what I need to help strengthen my practice.

It’s great to have that feedback Michael – any further feedback once you try it out is very welcome. Glad you’re enjoying Qs in the sand too! Namo Amida Bu.

I love that simple introduction. I think I can use it in our Leicester Home Group. Listening to the Nembutsu with melody sung in this way was very helpful. I’ve jotted it down. The gaps with the in-breath are particularly powerful to me and I can envisage ways they can let in Amida’s light. A gap is not a gap without something either side of it and what better than the Nembutsu as a container. I feel inspired!

Yes, those gaps are important! Really pleased you think it might be helpful for your group Andrew – that was our hope. Watch out for the 30 day course which we’re currently writing…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar