Monday 4th September

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 4th September

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rev Kaspalita (temple host) 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Leicester is now fully changed back to term-time city. Instead of my lovely quiet cycle to work through Highfields on Monday morning, it was the usual traffic chaos. I sang the Nembutsu this morning before heading off to the doctor for a test, then off to the chemists for a prescription. Even the chemist seemed busier than a couple of weeks ago- maybe everyone’s back from holiday. I started a clinical hypnotherapy training course in Birmingham on Sunday while Ian walked on the Lickey and Clent hills. Starting something like that, all the mind sediment gets shaken up. I’m enjoying reading the new Dharmavidya book, Questions in the Sand- made a hymn out of a sentence while in the doctor’s waiting room. Namo Amida Bu.

Back at work today after 3 weeks away from clients and project work – temple work has continued as it tends to do – we spent lots of time in the garden last week tidying things up which was lovely actually. Feeling that lovely ‘start of the academic year’ feeling – a few new projects to get stuck into, and making sure I take it easy rather than diving back in headlong! Hope all are well, Namo Amida Bu.

Monday Nembutsu for me was meditation at the Vihara close to my home.

Ive decided to try to slow down a bit, not to stop doing anything, but to try to do the things I do with mindfulness.

I tend to rush, and in honesty,  probably don’t do more just feel stressed about doing what I do. And no time to just appreciate more.

Well I’ll try anyway, my bombu nature will have to be kept in check though.

Namo Amida Bu
    Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa,

Yesterday when I checked in briefly here there wasn’t a Monday nembutsu thread. I logged on to start one this morning and here you all are!

Monday was a strange transition day for me. Officially back from my summer break on Tuesday, and yet the weekend just gone was full of events and people. You can still watch my dharma talk from Saturday night online here: https://www.facebook.com/AmidaMalvern/videos/1810271128987848/

Sunday we had a lovely family service, and I caught up with an old friend, Satya came home from retreat and we held our evening sharing circle.

Monday is usually our rest day, but after three weeks away from client it felt less needed. Still we made the most of it 🙂 it was a day of breakfast in Worcester, and buying red or redish winter clothes.

Over the past few days I have been especially conscious of the nembutsu. Not always as the words, Namo Amida Bu, but as  the dance between being completely inside my bonbu nature, and feeling a deep connection to the light.

Namo Amida Bu

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar