Monday 16th July 2018

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 16th July 2018

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rev. Satya Robyn (temple host) 1 month ago.

• Author

Attended the Birmingham service on Saturday. Great feeling acting as bell master. Can’t say I’ve completely got it as yet;but enjoy the experience.

Namo Amida Bu.

Well done, Andrew!

Nice meeting you and learning about the role on the bell master training at Amida Mandala, Andrew. My practice is my usual this week – lots of Nembutsu as I move around and sit quietly. I’m doing a little extra as it’s the follow on week from the month of Nembutsu course. A hymn came out of one of the questions we were emailed. It’s a round so that you can hear bonbu nature at the same time as the Nembutsu. If we have time I’ll try it out at choir. My right knee collapsed while getting up off the floor from Alexander technique on Sunday, so yesterday at work, I had to remember to use my left knee to get up whenever I had to dress or fill a low down shelf. Good practice for working with uncertainty. Namo Amida Bu!

Ouch, hope your knee recovers Andrew & I look forward to hearing the hymn. Andrew N – well done! It takes a good while to get it, keep going.

A half-week this week as we’re off to the Buddhafield festival organised by Triratna, which we have done every year for the past 5 years. We’ll be doing a Dharma talk/workshop each, helping to hold the space in the Dharma Parlour every evening, and enjoying the conversations, good food, and space to relax.

I’m recovering from being ill this weekend, and aiming to take it as easy as I can in between clients. The temple garden is happy to have had a little drink, but is still thirsty. On the other hand, the heavy rain revealed 4 more leaks which are being looked at this morning… too much water in some places, not enough in others! Dukkha!

Hope to hear from others, especially if you haven’t written in a while. Namo Amida Bu.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar