Monday 16th April

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 16th April

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Cheffings (temple host) 3 months ago.

• Author

Monday Nembutsu for me today will be ten minutes chanting on my way home from work. So if you live in Birmingham and see a man in s green mini talking to himself as he drives at around 5.30pm that will be me.

What will your Monday Nembutsu be today?

Hehe. I returned to my little five minute morning practice today after being away – it’s good to start the day in that way, with my half-mala and with the candle on my little shrine lit.

This week I’m thinking about bunnies as, after Peter died last week, we have decided to adopt two brothers to keep Poppet company – we’re hoping they’ll arrive Friday morning for the tricky bonding process, wish us luck! We’re hoping that Smokey & Joe will enjoy temple life…

Also looking forward to the first meeting of Amida Worcester this Sunday – we have 8 confirmed so far, very exciting.

Love to all, Namo Amida Bu.

Car Nembutsu, new bunnies and a new group do sound exciting. Ian was away on Sunday on a Sibelius iMac course at City Lit in London. I had a hypnotherapy client in the evening before he came home. After that, I felt really calm as I had soothed myself as well. Ian gave me a Thich Nhat Hanh book, The Long Road Turns To Joy, which he bought in Watson’s Esoteric Bookshop on Charing Cross Road. I love it there. So I tried one of his walking mindfulness exercises going to and from the allotment today (beautiful Juliana primrose hybrids out at the moment in shades of red and yellow, like Amida Shu robes) – Nembutsus in time with my breathing, in time with my steps (not so slow as to stand out in the general urban mayhem). Namo Amida Bu!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar