Skip to toolbar

Monday 12th June

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 12th June

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Nembutsu today will be silent chanting as I drive to work. As I now find I do this most of my day it’s not unusual nice to know other members of  the sangha may also be chanting.

Johnathan Robertson
      Participant

Yesterday, my wife and I got to visit our old church and listen to one of our favorite ministers. I also purchased a peace lily for Amida, which I will be re-potting in a little while. I got a cold for the first time since I moved to Baltimore, so I’m a little sluggish today. That’s ok though, I don’t have much to do anyway. Namo Amida Bu.

Namo Amida Bu. I’ve felt a little disconnected from Amida today – it’s good to check in here. I finished the last-but-one draft of my new book on Saturday and am still feeling pleased/relieved about that, just a final read through to do. It’s good to be spending a bit more time writing again. Looking forward to visitors over June – Prajnatara and James arrive from Canada on Wednesday, their first visit here, then Vajrapala later in the month, and then the Order weekend so Dharmavidya, Susthama, etc…… hope to get a little balance of being with lots of people and having a bit of space on my own, I work better that way! Hello to all.

Namo Amida Bu. I’ve felt a little disconnected from Amida today – it’s good to check in here. I finished the last-but-one draft of my new book on Saturday and am still feeling pleased/relieved about that, just a final read through to do. It’s good to be spending a bit more time writing again. Looking forward to visitors over June – Prajnatara and James arrive from Canada on Wednesday, their first visit here, then Vajrapala later in the month, and then the Order weekend so Dharmavidya, Susthama, etc…… hope to get a little balance of being with lots of people and having a bit of space on my own, I work better that way! Hello to all.

I’m coming to the end of my EMDR therapy for chronic OCD (for 45 years). This week, as part of the processing I discovered a new way for me of doing Nembutsu practice which works well as a technique for addressing my OCD. Here are two short hymns about it:

There is no certainty

And no-one but Amida can hear every thought

That appears and disappears in my mind.

With, Namo Amida Bu, I exhale this foolish thought-

Amida carries this foolish being.

In the silence of the in-breath

I listen to Amida’s Call,

Embracing me.

Namo Amida Bu

Jan Wizinowich
      Participant

I’m always behind on the other side of the planet. Yesterday was a holiday in celebration of King Kamehameha, the Hawaiian superman that united the islands. Parades, lei draping, dance, music. Eo Kamehameha!!

Filming church on the deck at Kahua Ranch, where I’ve been working on a video of a reunion of the families that worked and lived on the ranch. Lots of music surrounded by breath-taking beauty and the Hawaiian wisdom that sees God everywhere in that beauty.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.