Monday 11th June

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room Monday Nembutsu Monday 11th June

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rev. Satya Robyn (temple host) 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

The field rose on the back of our house is just starting to go over now but there are still lots of bees collecting food from the still plentiful flowers. Here and there are touches of pink from a dog rose which weaves about among the field roses. The allotment has dried to dust in this settled weather. Either side, semi-disused allotments are shoulder high with grass flowers. Ian is going up there from time to time, releasing mice collected in our kitchen. Last night a group of local women were holding a book group there around a round table. Namo Amida Bu!

Beautiful description, Andrew.

Last night we had a suprise guest – Ajahn Vinīta from the Amaravati Buddhist Monastery, who has been undertaking 60 days of walking retreat. We ate breakfast together which was a lovely way to start the day.

I started work on my new book this morning, just an hour a few times a week, but it feels good to have a regular writing schedule again. I am going on a mini-retreat next week, solitary, in a little apartment in Shropshire. It feels really important at the moment to carve out time for contemplation and I’ve been doing a better job than I usually do! I’m sure that’ll change again, so I’m making the most of it.

It feels good to connect with sangha members here. Do tell us what you’re up to! Namo Amida Bu.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar