Kim's introduction

Site-Wide Activity Forums Entrance hall Introductions Kim's introduction

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kim 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

Kim
    Participant

Hi all.

I created this account already two months ago but have been busy so haven’t introduced myself yet. I came across this forum by googling awakening/shinjin in PL buddhism, and since have read some of the articles available here.

So, hello, I am Kim from Finland 🙂 I have a bit of history in dharma practice from zen to tantric buddhism to dzogchen. I have always loved PL buddhism and the name of Amitabha had a distinctive feel in my ears when it has come across throughout the years.

A link to today’s Amitabha chant.

Hello to everyone. Namo Amitabha.

Kim
    Participant

There was a long discussion here but it seems all the messages have been deleted. Thank you Satya for sorting out my account which for some reason didn’t work. Has there been some big maintenance work or what?

I haven’t been active writing here for a few months but have been reading every now and then.

@satya: In the previous discussion I mentioned that in slightly miraculous way I might be getting a job from Birmingham in the latter part of this year and hence would be able to join the sessions in Malvern. Now it is clear that I got the job and will be visiting Birmingham regularly since December and probably moving there with my family in the near future, I guess in 2018. Great news! Looking for to chant and meditate with all of you in Brum 🙂

Hi Kim! Well, that is good news – congratulations! We do look forward to meeting you in ‘real life’. Do you think you might make it before the end of the year? All our regular schedule is at http://www.amidamandala.com, or you could get in touch and arrange coming some other time. In the meantime the best of luck with all the packing/organisation that you’ll be facing at a tricky time of year – go gently!

Namo Amida Bu : )

PS nothing has been deleted from the site so I think the conversation is elsewhere but I’ve no idea where – maybe we’ll find it sometime.

Kim
    Participant

Thank you. I’ll contact you before a visit 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar