Kaspa's photos of Japan trip 2018

Site-Wide Activity Forums Living Room General chit chat Kaspa's photos of Japan trip 2018

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Cheffings (temple host) 6 days ago.

• Author

I’m slowly working through my photos of Japan, editing them, cropping them and so on. I thought I’d share a few here ๐Ÿ™‚

Continuous nembutsu walking hall (where Shinran worked) at Enrakuji Continuous nembutsu walking hall (where Shinran worked) at Enraku-ji

Ordination hall at Enraku-ji, on Mt. Hieie. The first Mahayana temple in Japan.

The famous Zen garden at Ryลan-ji. A world heritage site – full of tourists ๐Ÿ™‚

Kyoto Tower as seen from Higashi Honganji

ken
    Participant

Lovely photos . Get a real feel and sense of the places from them.

Jan Wizinowich
    Participant

Inspiring. Did you do a temple journey on your trip? I’d love to hear more about it. Maybe when I come in June. Namo Amida Bu, Jan

We visited lots of temple’s, although we didn’t stay overnight at any. We were able to join a couple of services at Chion-in, the HQ of Jodo-shu, including their enlightenment day celebration. We also went to a morning service at Higashi Honganji, the HQ of one of the Shinshu sects. Yes – we can catch up in the summer!

I love looking at these photos. They are so atmospheric with a real sense of place. Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar