Inspirational quotes

Site-Wide Activity Forums Library Favourite quotes Inspirational quotes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rev. Satya Robyn (temple host) Rev. Satya Robyn (temple host) 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Other quotes that inspire you. Do post them below.

I don’t mean it’s easy or assured, there are the stubborn stumps of shame, grief that remains unsolvable after all the years, a bag of stones that goes with one wherever one goes and however the hour may call for dancing and for light feet. But there is, also, the summoning world, the admirable energies of the world, better than anger, better than bitterness and, because more interesting, more alleviating. And there is the thing that one does, the needle one plies, the work, and within that work a chance to take thoughts that are hot and formless and to place them slowly and with meticulous effort into some shapely heat-retaining form, even as the gods, or nature, or the soundless wheels of time have made forms all across the soft, curved universe – that is to say, having chosen to claim my life, I have made for myself, out of work and love, a handsome life. ~ Mary Oliver

Do you have doubts about life? Are you unsure if it is really worth the trouble? Look at the sky: that is for you. Look at each person’s face as you pass them on the street: those faces are for you. And the street itself, and the ground under the street, and the ball of fire underneath the ground: all these things are for you. They are as much for you as they are for other people. Remember this when you wake up in the morning and think you have nothing. Stand up and face the east. Now praise the sky and praise the light within each person under the sky. It’s okay to be unsure. But praise, praise, praise. ~ Miranda July

Invitation

It is not what you first think.

There is no effort of will,

no firm resolve in the face

of this thing called living.

There is only paying attention

to the quiet each morning,

while you hold your cup

in the cool air

& then

that moment

you choose

to spread your

love like a cloth

upon the table &

invite the whole day

in again.

~ Brian Andreas

Profile photo of Ramakrishnan Ramesh
    Ramakrishnan Ramesh
    Participant

Just as a flash of lightning illuminates the darkness of a cloudy night, so too, because of the Buddha, does the worldly mind turn for an instant to meritorious thought…Lama Marut – translating from The Guide

Profile photo of John Welch
    John Welch
    Participant

The vocation of every man and woman is to serve other people. (What is to be Done by Leo Tolstoy)

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

Gandhi

Profile photo of Adam
    Adam
    Participant

”Sit down before fact like a little child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion. Follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss Nature leads or you shall learn nothing.”

Thomas Henry Huxley.

Most people think of “vision” as the ability to see the future. But in today’s rapidly changing world, vision is also the ability to accurately assess current changes and take advantage of them. Vision is being alert to opportunities

~ Rick Warren

I should not make any promises right now,
    But I know if you
    Pray
    Somewhere in this world –
    Something good will happen.

~ Hafiz

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar